Thursday, August 27, 2009

School Blues



Well, ,obviously school is in session, and Mama is missing her children. Now, I know I am supposed to be doing a dance over here, reveling in my 'free' time, but I just can't yet. I am learning to adjust my thinking and time with our new normal, and not quite liking it yet. The kids are gone 7 hours a day and then we have to do homework, soccer, piano, church, Bible, chores..... get my drift? I miss having some 'down' time with them. Now, we wait for Fridays to relax a little. I hear it will get better, so that is my hope.

The kids are enjoying the experience (for the most part). Berkeley has met some friends and likes her classes; but she has an honors Algebra class that is keeping us up at nights. Pray that all the adjustments work out. Lukas has a friend and loves his locker and teacher :) Isabelle has made friends and enjoys everything about school; believe it or not, the teacher wants her to talk MORE in class-- now that is a change. Paxton likes the PE class and puts up with the rest. He works hard and gets frustrated when he misses a spelling word. Phoebe is amazing; she is not taking adapted spelling tests, but does what the other children are doing; not in every area, but in spelling.

I have been able to help out in Phoebe's class and am looking forward to helping out in the others classes as well. I am asking God how He wants me to use my time now that I have some to spare. I know this will pass, so I am enjoying it while it is here.

On Monday we get a visitor for a month. Our exchange student from a few years ago, is coming for a holiday. We had Franzi with us for a year as a junior in our high school a few years ago, and she became family. The kids are excited that their older 'sister' is coming home. Now, we will have every bed filled and 6 kids to spend time with. Our family just keeps on growing :) We feel blessed and know that in this 'craziness' He is Lord. He has never left our side, and continues to guide us as we seek Him in all things.

2 comments:

Lori Thomas said...

Hi Susan,

My husband and I are in the middle of the adoption process and hosted a little girl this summer in which we fell deeply in love with. Like Oleg, she was adopted by an Italian family before we could get to her. I just wanted to know how the process worked after this happened to you. Did you get pics of paxton and pheobe and just know that is where God was leading you??? They are so adorable!!

My name is Lori Thomas and I am going through Lydia Tarr. She told me that she wanted me to meet a "Susan" at the picnic this last week but we could not go. I wonder if that was you?? My email address is thomaslor11@yahoo.com

Thanks, Lori

janetttt said...

Hi! I do not live in Ukraine for a long time already but I know much about the situation there. All Ukrainians especially the smallest and most unprotected orphans are experiencing hard times now. I do my best to do something for them at least once a month. There is a town of Shpola in the heart of Ukraine, I am helping the local orphanage there. You can help as well. Here is the link